Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Healing.....

I guess it has been a while since I posted and a couple things have happened since then. I figured I would break the different topics up into different posts so it is easier to read.

The healing is going pretty well. I am back to a regular diet, solid foods and all. You don't realize how much you enjoy solid foods until you can't have them. I still can't open my mouth too wide without pain and there are 4 gaping holes where my teeth used to be. These are kinda gross and I am looking forward to them closing up soon. Right now everytime I eat anything, the food likes to hide out in the holes, so I have to use this little squirty thing (and yes that is its technical name, squirty thing), to clean out the holes so they don't get irritated or infected. I guess if I were food I would hide out in there, too. I wouldn't want to get smashed up by teeth and then swallowed down into a skin sack filled with acid. But, hey, that's me. I was pretty swollen for a few days but that was more of a cosmetic thing and it didn't hurt too much. I thought I would post some pics of what I looked like during the whole thing.

This is what I normally look like:



This is me right after the extraction with ice packs on my face. I don't really even remember this being taken I was still all looped up on the anesthesia.

This is me trying to eat ice cream. Our cat, Imara, was even trying to make me feel better. :-)


This is me during the high point of the swelling.

Anyway, I am glad to have it over and done with. And I know I never have to do it again! I have heard some nasty stories about other people's experiences and I think mine went very well over all. The pain only lasted a few days and I was able to control it very well with the meds they gave me. So I wish good luck to all those out there who still have to do it. It will be over before you know it.

No comments: