Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Have a coke and a smile.....

OK, I just had to chime in about this whole problem of Merry Christmas versus Happy Holidays. I think all the "controversy" is much ado about nothing. If this is the biggest thing people have to complain about, they must have it pretty good.

I guess for me, just to play it safe and since I don’t usually know what religion people are, I say Happy Holidays, since that pretty much covers all the holidays regardless of which one an individual happens to be celebrating.

BUT I would certainly not be offended if someone said Merry Christmas to me, or Happy Chanukah or Happy Kwanzaa or Happy December, or whatever...I'm just happy they are not slapping me around and trying to take my money. People seem so uptight these days about such small issues. Why spend so much time and energy complaining about an ultimately unimportant thing. Your time and energy would be better spent playing with your kids or talking with your wife or husband or helping out at the local soup kitchen.

I think that if someone gives you a greeting, regardless of what it is, you should acknowledge it, return a greeting of your own and count yourself lucky that someone was nice enough to take the time out of their busy day to talk to you at all. So my advice to everyone is chillout, sit down and have a coke and a smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very well said Dustin and I agree with you 100%. It doesn't offend me how people greet me during the holidays (unless they do like you said and slap me around and try to take me money). It's the holidays, we are of all different religions, can't we all just get along?!