Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Stoplight Wonderings

I was inline behind a hurse today at a stoplight. You don't see hurses very often, so when you do you really take notice. This one was your typical black, enlongated sedan type. Very sleek, modern and respectable.

From my vantage point I could see right inside the back of it, straight through and out the windshield. I could see the top of the coffin. I stared at it, I couldnt help it. I thought to myself "What if that thing opens and someone sits right up and looks at me? What would I do? Would I wave? Would I take a picture? Would I scream, jam the car in reverse and get the hell out of there?"

Unfortunately, I never got the chance to find out. Before I knew it, the light changed and the hurse went around the corner and out of sight. I wondered who was in there? What had they died of? Did they have a happy life or a sad one?

Strange the things that go through one's mind while waiting at a stoplight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My boyfriend works in the funeral business so I am used to caskets and hearses etc., but I think I would freak the hell out if someone sat up in a casket and looked at me!!